Wordless Wednesday: Ancient Rome

Another week, another country (er, time period?)! A few weeks ago, Adora and I embarked on a brave journey back about 2000 years, to Ancient Rome.
TOGA! Of course, we couldn't attempt Ancient Rome without trying togas.
 Adora did not want to take a picture of me, so enjoy this selfie of my toga. I know. I'm a talented photographer. And face maker.
 Natural clay from the creek! Perfect for making Roman objects.
 Adora's family crest. Apparently her family were blacksmiths, so it's a smiling hammer (?).
 Clay baby rattle for baby bro, and a broach for Glimmer!
 Decorating the baby rattle.
 The necklace says "The Emperor Permits" in Latin (an Empirical pass used by the characters in The Roman Mysteries) Her crest is purple, evidently because she's a royal blacksmith.
)
Handmade Roman perfume! Water and flower petals.


Pumice stone to remember Pompeii

Mosaic! 
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K. 

Yes, this is a photo of my grandfather in front of a shady gas station. Yes, this is totally unrelated.
On my vacation, we passed a Circle K gas station, which made me ridiculously excited.Unfortunately, no strange things were afoot.

Comments

  1. Haha! The Circle K photo's hilarious.

    You are SO creative! I love your Rome unit — you're clearly a natural teacher and great at bringing cultures to life. Also? Awesome face making. We went to the amusement park yesterday and entertained ourselves trying to get the roller coaster cameras to capture our silliest faces. They were quite excellent. Anyway, I've got to borrow your Rome ideas! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! We went in to the gas station get something, and I turned to Rory (my brother) and said, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K," after which he had a serious fanboy moment, right in the gas station. We were ridiculously pumped, and the attendant might have thought we were insane XD But it was worth it.
      Thanks so much! I really enjoy it. The teaching cultures, not the face making. Although that's always fun, too! Haha, I love those camera things. That sounds like fun! Which theme park did you go to? We're hitting up Hersheypark later this summer, and we're super excited (Adora only mentions it 12 times a day). YAY chocolate! And yes! Please, feel free to try our Rome ideas! If you have any questions, please let me know. The internet had a disappointing lack of Ancient Roman crafts (no Pintrest page? For real?), so I was basically pulling these ideas out of my butt. We also made a wreath crown, snake bracelet, a few more necklaces, learned Roman Numerals, played with an Abacus and possibly other things I am forgetting? I dropped the ball on pictures of some of these, but I can post tutorials if you're interested! It was a lot of fun. Thanks for the nice comments! You rock.

      Delete
  2. What awesome activities! Very pretty toga colors.

    And thank you so fairy much for the sweet comment you left on my blog last week. *sparkle*

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Purple Water Lily Flower in Rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for the comment!
      Haha, yeah, the togas were fun. I think we only wore them the first day.it ended up being the hottest day of the summer!
      Oh my word, no problem! Your blog is so beautiful. I love it
      Ohh, thanks for linkying me to this picture..I can't wait to see it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts