I want a vintage american university shirt so bad

My friend Bri tagged me in a cute reel influencer Keiko Lynn made of clothes she bought at an estate sale. The reason Bri tagged me is that Keiko tried on a truly incredible vintage shirt from out alma mater (American University) and Bri correctly guessed that I would be obsessed with it on an unhinged level. She was right. I am obsessed and already acting up about it. Have I already DMed Keiko Lynn, a complete stranger, to tell her I want to buy it from her? Yes, I have. 

Unbeknownst to Bri, I have been ISO a vintage AU garmet ever since I graduated in May. I actually don't have any clothes from AU. I dropped out of school for about two and a half years before finishing and I think I got rid of whatever AU themed clothes I had gathered at some point during that time, thinking I didn't need or want them anymore. I'm fine with that, but I think it would be really nice to have one nice vintage piece from my alma mater. 

I mean....come on. I need it. Answer my thirsty DMs pls Keikolynn. 

In the interest of helping my community (the...american university fashion influencer community), I've searched for vintage AU gear on all the online thrifty websites, and I'm psyched to share what I found. Nothing quite like my dream shirt (sob), but a handful of other fun options! Sorry in advance for how uncropped these images are. Let's pretend it adds to the charm of it all.






Okay, to be frank, I can't believe I found this?!! It's the same AU font and everything as the shirt. I haven't bought it yet but GOD! I want it. 

SIS shirt, size L 

I this this SIS shirt is cute, and it's a design they don't make anymore, which is fun. It's also 5 bucks, so it's a deal! 

vintage 90s AU sweater

This one is also a large. It's so cute! I like the vintage energy, and the color/design is fun. It's 50 bucks, so I guess you have to be really committed to the vibes. 

1964 AU yearbook


Honestly, I love vintage yearbooks, so I'm very into this. I feel like it could potentially be a fun coffee table book. 

AU vintage art print


Found this vintage print kind of interesting! Is that AU park? Kind of unbelievable lol. 

Vintage AU pennant


I had to share this because I'm committed to the research and it's pretty cool, but if you spend 275 dollars on this you're out of control.

size medium vintage AU sweater



This is being marketed as vintage, and I'm skeptical. But it's 15 bucks and looks soft and broken in, so I'll allow it. 

vintage AU sweater

Yet another sweater that is NOT FROM THE 70s, but I guess whatever. Wanted to share anyway because it looks so cozy. It's another medium.

AU friendship bracelet

Okay, so this isn't vintage, but Flores n Co makes these cute college bracelets, and I love them. She's from my hometown. I think these make such fun 'congrats on your admission' gifts for incoming students. 

CUA vintage tee


To end this article, here is a shirt that's not even from AU, but is from CUA. I'm almost certainly gonna buy this one and just pretend I went to Catholic. Whatever, man. 

xoxo, evt

Comments

Popular Posts