aura photography? aura photography!

Hi! I've always been intrigued by aura photography. I remember seeing my sweet friend Erin post an aura photo several years ago and thinking it was so cool, and I love the aura photos Hannah from The Homesteady got taken in New York a handful of years ago. I've been thinking about getting some taken ever since!


(aura photo from Hannah's New York post. honestly, if you're not reading her blog already, you're not living).

Recently I did a little research about the 'why' of aura photo and about where you can get them done, and I wanted to share what I learned!

why aura photography?

Why not? For people who are genuine believers, it can be a way to track your energy and get in touch with your inner self. It can also be a mindfulness activity, something you do just for you. I saw a woman on Instagram say she got photos taken before her wedding, when she was pregnant with her child, postpartum, and so on, as ways to mark special moments in her life. I love that idea. Beyond that? They look really cool, and it's a fun thing to do. The new age vibe of the photo feels so artsy and 70s, which draws a lot of people in. If the intrigue and artisiness of the draw of it is for you, you are certainly not alone. 

where can I have my aura photographed?

Here are all the aura photography places I found while searching. Also, there are apps that you can use to take aura photographs! I've not used one before, and I think it isn't quite the same (nothing beats the fun of a pilgrimage to a little shop in Chinatown and having someone print you out a physical photo!), but I love the idea of getting a Polaroid phone printer and reading a quick guide to auras and doing aura photos for a party. 

Detroit, Seattle, Everywhere - Aura Aura --  Although their HQs are in Detroit and Seattle, Aura Aura does photography popups all over the US. Check their website to see their next destinations.

Nashville - Tertiary Sight -- I love Tertiary Sight's aura photos. I think they're especially pretty. See Elsie Larson's family aura photos for a really gorgeous example. 

Crofton, MD - Galaxy Hypnosis -- the photos here are way more toned down looking and don't seem to be done with a true vintage aura camera, so I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but if you're close by, it could be fun to try!

Cape Cod - The Sanctuary -- I love everything about this website.

Raynham, MA - The Loonwitch -- very into this witch's energy.

Providence, RI - Bright Future -- This place does popups and travels, too! You can check their website for upcoming events. 

Ocean Isle Beach, NC - Spiritquest -- I love how many of these have turned out to be insane witchy stores. 

Popups in North and South Carolina -- Psychic Atena -- I loled at "Viking Fairy LLC." 

Atlanta - Aura Weaver -- another place where the polaroids look very cute!

Atlanta - BeYOUtiful Soul Aura Photography -- This shop is Black owned and seems really cool!

Magic Jewelry, NYC -- this is the classic place to go for aura photography. The photos are a little darker than some of the newer popups (which I think lean harder into the 'photography' nature and making them cute). 

Philly -- Inner Light Aura -- love a Philly moment.

Los Angeles - Auragami - This place is cool. Looks like they do popups!

Chicago -- Ravenous Life Center

Portland - Radiant Human

Front Royal, VA -- Avillon of Universal Light -- the closest I could find to DC. VERY chaotic website. 

Okay, that's all for now! If you end up getting your aura photo done, I wanna see! Tag me when you post on social media!



Comments

Popular Posts