I love those byu hawaii mormon influencers !!!!

 Hello. This post is a confession, and the confession is that I have a new frivolous Instagram obsession, and it is those Mormon girls from Utah who moved to Honolulu to go to BYU and married brothers who look like characters in Point Break. 

lobeeston with husband tanner and kids

sarah beeston and husband and baby

I mean, need I say more? (Don't worry, I obviously will).

I found them on Instagram one day because of their viral video where they joke about how everyone tells them their husbands look alike (they're brothers) and have been joyfully consuming their content ever since. I even went so far as to watch some of their YouTube videos, a thing I literally never do, because I am so into their hang ten, blonde, beachy lifestyle. Lo and Sarah are both gorgeous and have cute kids and great style -- a careful reader will note that I love influencers, so following these cute lifestyle accounts is a no brainer for me. But there's more to my Mormon beach mom obsession than that. 

Part of the appeal is obviously the gorgeous surf hunk husbands. If you're a guy, I kind of feel like 'surf hunk' is the ideal aesthetic. It's great to look at, and also seems mad confortable. They have such a relaxed look about them at all times, which I'm sure comes from never having to worry about if your bus to work is going to be delayed by the snow. They're always wearing flip flops; how could you not feel like you're on 24/7 vacation? I love it. Overall, there's just something good about a very beachy looking dude? I see one and I immediately want to learn how to surf.

This is because 'surf hunk' is also my secret ideal lifestyle aesthetic for myself. I know logically that I will spend my life in a major metropolitan city with cold winters, wrapped up in a knee length jacket that makes me look like a sexless marshmallow, but in my dream world, I wear a Billabong dress with a bikini under it every day and live five feet away from a crystal clear beach. Imagine living somewhere where it's warm every day and you can always look at a palm tree and eat pineapple? I want that life!

I feel so aspirational when I look at these accounts. I covet the Beeston gal lifestyle. I dream of being someone who surfs for fun! I want the wardrobe of cute cover up dresses and pastel croptops. I deserve the Ripcurl sponsorship deal! I want to eat fish every day with my gorgeous children! The only part that seems shitty is being a Mormon (sorry Mormons), but even that seems mostly fine? BYU Hawaii is really pretty! 

Hawaii Mormom Momfluencers: you drive me to envy. If you ever want to trade lives for a week, let me know. 


xoxo,

evt

Comments

Popular Posts