several fragments on the l word i am saving for posterity

Hi. I finished all of The L Word. Christ! It was a lot. During the process of watching literally all of  The L Word, I frequently came to my blog, typed out two paragraphs, and never posted them. Now, I have a lot of rambly unfinished drafts about The L Word. I'm gonna post them all here, because content is content, baby! These fragments are all totally unrelated and contextless, so they'll make about as much sense as, um, The L Word itself. Here they are:

.......................

A little secret for all of you is that I wrote half of this post using the talk-to-text function on my phone while I was pushing a baby stroller at work. It's called girlbossing. Get on my level.

There's actually a lot to say on a serious level about this one. A lot of burning things happened. I'm trying to text to talking about levity here. However, I do want to address the concerning things that happen. 

Tina's dress is Iconic. The Velvet??? The teal color? Absolutely incredible formation point. She looks so good at this event, and theno she finds out her wife is cheating on her??? Truly a crime. I was like, hello?? Your wife is here looking so hot??? What the hell are you doing?? Also like, if you're going to have a torrid love affair, please be even a little bit smart about it. Bette is acting literally so dumb. 

Everyone on this show is always acting absolutely heinously for absolutely no payoff. Explain it to me. Like, I've never in my life met this many people who have absolutely no impulse control. Like, they all rolled a zero on intrusive thoughts. They just do whatever? Is this how people act in Los Angeles?? I do not understand it. Like, why does Tim immediately start dating one of his students? Why, in the museum, does he interrupt Jenny's date call her a dyke? Why would you do that? Why?? These are the actions of an absolutely out of control person. And you're like, okay, so Tim is a little freak. But absolutely everyone acts like this.

........................


1. All I knew going into The L Word is that everyone I know "hates Jenny," but she grew on me and is my favorite character now. Yes, I said it! I love Jenny!!! She is absolutely running off the rails at all times, but this season it's in a fun way (writing 'fiction' that is very obviously about her friends, the whole storyline where she tries to steal Stacy Merkin's girlfriend for no reason). 

2. Stacy Merkin aka Heather Materazzo aka Lily from The Princess Diaries -- I am THRILLED to see this show graced by a lesbian icon. She tears Jenny's book to shreds for seemingly no reason and Jenny then wants to ruin her life, which is frankly kind of a low stakes and fun plotline for The L Word. I don't understand why Jenny's mad about it because it seems to have affected her career literally not at all, seeing as she immediately gets published in the New Yorker and has the biggest movie deal of the year three seconds later. But whatever, I'm having fun!

.............................

That's it. It was less than I thought, but I'm posting it anyway. Kiss kiss!


evt



Comments

Popular Posts